Updated 28.4.20 (15.30)
Tips and sites to help you keep occupied.
- Free daily crosswords from Freedailycrosswords.com. Printable crosswords for adults. Click on this link to go to the website. http://freedailycrosswords.com/printable-crossword-puzzles/
- Free Daily killer Sudoku from https://www.dailykillersudoku.com/. Free killer sudoku puzzles for adults of differing complexity.Printable or completable on line.
- Free Books – There are 100’s of free books, all categories, love stories, crime etc. to download from Amazon. You can download them to your Kindle, if you have one, if not, download the Kindle App onto your iPad or tablet, you can then download the free books as many as you want. There are some great books for free, try an author you have not read before, you might be pleasantly surprised.
- Book Loan scheme – Donna Park, the Principal from Blyth Academy which is part of The Northern Education Trust, has set up a reading scheme to support the elderly during this difficult time. Age Uk Northumberland are also engaging with this project. They have plenty of hard copies of the books – and would package them up using gloves and they would come with recommendations for opening to be safe. Contact Jan Anderson on 07775060430 if you would be interested in receiving books from this scheme.
- ‘Rainbow Pack’ Resource for Children from Northumbria Police – This information pack from Northumbria Police for children is excellent to put across the message about C-19. Rainbow Pack
- Gardening Plants plus. www.plantsplusgardencentre.co.
uk telephone 01661 824631
Berwick Hill Road, Seaton Burn, NE13 6BU
They have an online shop and are still delivering, £10 delivery charge. The website states within a 15 mile radius, however they have been delivering to Swarland. Loads of bedding plants and veggie plants, amongst other plants to keep you busy in the garden.