Page updated 28.4.20 (15.30) check back daily for updates.
Please Keep your Dog on its lead when out walking
Its really important at this time that you keep your dog on its lead when you are out walking (during your hour of daily exercise!).
Other people can be very anxious if a loose dog runs up to them because of a perceived risk of cross infection (although it is still unclear if this can occur). More importantly, if your dog runs off, you may not be able to spend time looking for it because of government advice/requirements on social isolation.
Make it safe for everyone – keep your dog on its lead when you are out and about.
As at 27.3.2020 Please note this is a general overview of what various local practices are saying, and may change with circumstances.
- Ring Practice FIRST before leaving home, even in an emergency situation. This is to check current availability and the procedure to follow. Surgeries are operating a locked door policy, admission only being by prior agreement following a telephone triage.
- If directed to come in, and a physical inspection of your pet is deemed necessary, the general rule is ONE client per pet to be present. On arrival in car park telephone for further instructions and stay in your car until directed.
- For pets requiring repeat prescriptions and ongoing medication, please phone your surgery and make specific arrangements for either collection of the items required for postage to be arranged, if possible.
- The BVA and RCVS latest advice is that practices should only provide urgent prescriptions and medicines. they should no longer be supplying routine parasite treatment at this time.
Clients are encouraged to delay routine procedures at this time.
Pet food and other supplies
- Northumbria Pets in Alnwick are currently able to stay open providing a service. They are also continuing to provide their DELIVERY service. Goods can be paid for by phone and can be left at your door or at your designated delivery point. Northumbria Pets say they will be monitoring the situation over the next few days and may reduce opening hours to reduce risk to both customers and staff. Any change in opening times will be posted on their facebook page and signs will be displayed in their shop window. There is also a message on their answerphone should you call outside opening hours giving their mobile number so orders can be placed and deliveries requested. Alternatively just leave a message with your name and number and they will call you back. Order by telephone on: 01665 603.